In the last few years there have been many changes both in academic expectations and in the way that students are using multimedia in their lives outside of school. Students are now accessing games consoles, mobile phones uploads, downloads, apps and as a teacher it is important to both understand and be able to harness these new technologies to enhance and improve their learning of languages.
ConnectED has been working in the centre of the languages and multimedia technology for over 5 years via both SONY Virtuoso and SONY PlayStation. In the last year our training team have been working extensively with multimedia practitioners on how language learning can be effectively delivered not just through a PC based languages software like SONY Virtuoso but on games consoles SONY PSPs and PS3s etc using the new user generated content games like LittleBigPlanet2 as a language learning tool, working with freeware, flash, VLEs, MLEs, working with Macs and mobile devices and how all can be used to enhance language learning.
We are pleased to now offer educators an immersive and cost effective TELL CPD programme. Responding to client feedback Twilight sessions have been arranged from 1.30 pm – 5.30 pm.
- Students are exposed to a plethora of multimedia outside the classroom – everything from games consoles and mobile phones to downloads and apps. As a teacher it is important to be to understand and be able to harness these new technologies to enhance, engage and improve student’s learning of languages.
- The technologies demonstrated are actively being deployed effectively in schools and educational establishments across the country supporting – differentiation, group work, encouraging independence, personalised teacher feedback, stretching the most able, supporting the less able, pupil monitoring and controlled assessment.
Benefits to Attending
- At the end of the session participants will have a strong and practical insight into the most engaging and effective multimedia resources available for use in language lessons from mobile learning to language labs and web-based resources and games based learning.
- Participants will get hands-on with resource and content creation across multiple devices
- Participants will take away a memory stick containing key programmes and solutions for use and reference
Pricing & Support
‘TELL’ Twilight sessions cost £50 / delegate. Sessions need a minimum of 6 participants.
Please contact Vanessa Cardwell on [email protected] for further information on costs and locations and / or if you are interested in hosting a ‘TELL’ workshop at your school, college or university.
You can book our scheduled session at Parkstone Grammar School online here: